The first tool designed for live inspection of large diameter water mains, the Sahara® Pipeline Inspection System is one of the most accurate tools available for detecting leaks, pockets of trapped gas, and structural defects in complex networks of large diameter water mains.
Sahara Leak Detection Video:
- No disruption to pipeline service.
- Use existing 50 mm taps.
- Tethered control ensures no lost sensors.
- Proven sensitivity to leaks as small as 0.02 l/min.
- Over 1,600 km of inspections.
- Accurate surface tracking to map your pipeline.
- Easy to use in mains of all materials.
- Can be used in mains as small as 100 mm.
- Handles pressures up to 1400 kPa.
Sahara® Pipeline Inspection Applications:
- Large Main Condition Assessment.
- Detect large leaks indicating imminent failure.
- Detect any through-wall corrosion pits causing pinhole leaks.
- Detect cracks and failing joints losing even tiny amounts of water.
- Video inspection of pipe linings.
Water Loss Management:
- Sahara® has generated 380 million litres/day in water savings.
- Has detected 3 leaks/km– more than any other system.
- Average leak size of over 150,000 liters/day.
- Proven returns of 5 to 40 times total program cost.
- Can also detect illegal taps while in use.
Video Inspection of Live Mains:
- In-service CCTV inspection through a 50 mm tap
- Visual inspection of cement and other liners
- Internal corrosion and tuberculation assessments
- Locate and inspect line valves.
- Check for debris and blockages.
Wastewater Force Main and Siphon Assessment:
- Inspect lines with no service interruption.
- Detect leaks at pressures as low as 35 kPa.
- Locate pockets of trapped gas to prevent H2S corrosion.
- Assess levels of air entrainment.
- Evaluate pump performance.
- Enable environmental compliance.
- Accurately map force mains of any material.
Pre-commissioning Inspections of New Pipelines:
- Sahara®-NoFlow arrangement for inspecting pipes with pressure but no flow.
- Emergency services for contractors failing a pressure test.
- Locate leaks as small as 0.02 l/min.
- Achieve Zero Leakage by running a planned Sahara® test with your hydrostatic pressure test.
Contact us for more information on Sahara or to obtain a proposal.